Direct Support Staff
Care Services of Nevada, Inc., is a non-profit organization seeking reliable and trustworthy Direct Support Staff. Special consideration is given to those who have at least 1-year of experience working with and/or assisting individual(s) with developmental disabilities.
Our available hours are flexible. During your interview, you will be able to confirm times and dates that you would like to work and block out times you are not available. We match our staff's schedules and strengths to the schedules and needs of our clients to ensure compatibility.
As a Direct Support Staff member, you will be responsible for teaching our clients life-skills such as health and fitness, money management, maintaining a home (i.e. cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc.), socialization, recreation, communication, etc., so that they may learn to live more independent lives.
Our ideal candidate will need to:
• Be over the age of 18 years.
• Have a High School diploma, or equivalent.
• Have a clean State and Federal background check (provided by the agency).
• Have a valid Nevada Driver License and a clean driving record.
• Have current CPR and First-Aid Training Certificates (due within 30 days of hire).
• Have reliable transportation with valid registration and auto insurance; and be able to provide evidence of registration and insurance renewal(s).
• Be able to complete our State-mandated, pre-employment training.
At the end of the day we assure you that it is a great and rewarding feeling to be able to help people in need. Thank you for your interest, we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please stop by our office in person to complete one of our applications:
987 Bible Way
Reno, Nevada 89502